.... this is going to be a long one, I can feel it in my bones... :)
New Bookshelf :D
Does anyone else feel the thrill of rearranging your room? This weekend (instead of studying ;) ) I brought a new bookshelf into my room, I'm serious I was soo excited! It's more space to put my books and sort of reorganize. I used to be such a re-decorating junkie when I was younger. I'd rearrange my whole room every couple of months. And I'd do it all by myself! I had such arm strength when I needed to move my bed or dresser, but my mom would always joke with me that when I had to carry things for her I was like ummm, that's too heavy, but I had no problem moving furniture. Anyways, I got a new bed a couple of years ago and it's pretty much impossible to move, and plus it would look awkward in any other position in my room. So for a long time I haven't rearranged my room... Well you can imagine how excited I was to get a new bookshelf :)
Crocheting ;)
AND this weekend I also finished a blanket I started crocheting last winter. Does anyone else crochet?! I loove it! My cousin always call me a grandma, but seriously, it's so much fun. I love the satisfaction when you finish a project and you can actually use it. Next project.... a blanket for my brother. It's brown and blue... I bought the yarn last winter when I was on a crochet marathon, I was crocheting all the time and this yarn was too pretty to pass up ;)
FOOTBALLL :D
On to football news! yayy! :) except that Peyton and the Colts lost :'( AND they didn't even show the game! I was following the last couple of seconds on the computer and they tied at 28 and I was like YES! Overtime!!! and then.... uggghhhh!! I literally groaned out loud when I saw that he kicked the field goal!! why?!?! At least Eli still hadn't played yet, so I could count on him... and he won!! And I watched the Denver/Titans game... whew! that last botched kick was such a relief! Sooo glad Denver won... (sorry Titans fans) I'm currently tuning in and out of the Patriots/Dolphins game.... :) Miami was doing soo good! and now they're losing... hope they can turn it around... (yeah right.... :P)
Mash :P
So I don't know if I mentioned this in one of my last posts, but I had Shepherd's Pie for the first time last week, it was soo good!! I couldn't stop thinking about it till I went to bed that night... I'm still trying to hunt down the recipe, I'll let you know how that goes. Anyways, instead of a mashed potato top the lady put a potato cauliflower mash on top. It was so incredibly good. It was really smooth too. So! of course, I had to try and make it, and finally after a whole weekend of trying to make it, I finally did tonight. It was so wonderful! It tasted just like potatoes and cauliflower. It had a really nice buttery taste, but it wasn't overpowering AND I didn't want to wait that long for the cauliflower to get really tender, so when it was al dente I finished it. I'm actually glad i did that though cuz there were some nice baby chunks of cauliflower in the mash... MMMmmmm! I definitely got my starch in for the day! ;)
Social Studies PLAY!
Can I just say, I loved the plays today! Everyone did such a good job!! I was just really bummed I didn't have my camera... I'm serious the days I don't have my camera handy... KODAK moments GALORE! I definitely think that acting it out internalizes the material so much better. Rather than just reading a textbook or even having an interactive lecture isn't the same thing as actually acting out the parts! And I think it's such a good idea to use in the classroom. Especially with ample time to prepare, this can be such a great tool, not just for each of our own classes, but the school as well. Like we discussed in class, this would be awesome to do for the younger kids. Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I just wish I was wearing red to make the "Lobsterback!" comments more real ;) and Denise.... her enthusiasm for her part still makes me giggle :D
There are so many historical moments that are sometimes just stored in the back of our minds, but doing plays about it is something the kids will remember (so when they're in Social Studies in college and have to write a list of Social Studies memories... they have a lot more exciting thing to write than others... wouldn't we be so proud?)
Anyways.... homework is calling my name.... till next time!
Imani
Imani...I swear, you post some of the most interesting things. I would LOVE to try your recipe for Shepherds pie...yum!
ReplyDeleteCrochet...YES, I used to love to crochet, cross-stitch and most recently picked up knitting. Of course I've not had time to do much of any of it. But, I love it. Glad you do too.