Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mulan and Pocahontas

So yesterday, I was looking something up and somehow I ran across the movie Mulan. I got really nostalgic and looked up a specific scene on youtube; to my great excitement I found that it has the whole movie!!! You have no idea how excited I was, I didn't watch the whole thing, but then I saw Pocahontas, and I forgot how much I looved that movie!! So I started watching my favorite parts from that movie too :) And as I was watching the Colors of the Wind song came on and it just seemed so relevant, to class, and to our culturally responsive teaching. I loved that line where she said/sang "how high does the sycamore grow? You'll never know if you cut it down..." That goes with respecting the earth and not being wasteful, but she even says something along the lines it doesn't matter whether we're colored or white... I just really liked hearing it all over again, it was one of my favorites when I was little. And as I was watching I got reacquainted with Flit and Meeko.... O man! I love those two! They're so funny together! For example when Flit saw Meeko's tail as a target and charged at him and then got stuck in the boat and they flipped it over... oooohhh, I love this movie! It just makes me all giggly. haha! Maybe nostalgic is more the word, it brings back all the good memories... I think movies sometimes these days are so polluted with sexual innuendo that watching a cartoon movie from the past just makes me happy, without having to look away from the TV or be amazed at what they show on TV... anyways, that's a long way from Pocahontas... just like Pocahontas is a loong way from what actually happened in history, but it's still a good movie. :D I'm thinking about watching Sleeping Beauty later... did you know I never watched that movie till I was in high school? That was the first time I watched Sleeping Beauty..laugh all you want, but me and my friend went through a Disney phase where we traded Disney movies for like two weeks and caught up on the classics ;)

Something smells tasy downstairs, I'm going to go investigate!! and then it's off to finish the concept map ;)

αντίο (bye in Greek)
Imani 

No comments:

Post a Comment