Howdy!
I have to say, I kind of love maps :) We have a big map of the world and map of the United States hung up in the hallway at our house, and I love to go look at it, especially when we take trips, it's neat to see the different states and cities you'll go through. And can I just say, I never knew Boston was sooo north of us. Before I went there this summer, I always thought that Boston was somewhere south of New York.... nope nope nope. It's less than 2 hours away from Maine! But anyways, I think it's so interesting to see where things are located, what seas are near what countries, where other places are in relation to us... That's why I thought all the maps that Dr. Meier showed us was cool.
I remember when I was in school, I'd always look in the geography text books in the index to see if Bangladesh had made it, as in mentioned anywhere. It's such a small country, but it has so many people!! I remarked to Heidi when Dr. Meier showed us the World Population map that the big pink blob next to India was probably Bangladesh even though Bangladesh is tiny, about the size of the state of Illinois. It's very densely populated. I found two other cool population maps at red one and green one. I think the red one looks dangerous! haha! I wouldn't want to fall on that! :)
Buh bye!
Imani
No comments:
Post a Comment