Thursday, October 7, 2010

he wants to be a teacher because....

hehe.... so today I was at Happy Valley and I ate lunch with the kids :) they had brownies for dessert and the little boy who was sitting next to me (he often gets in trouble for being "off task" but he is so smart and really sweet) but anyways, he sat down and he told me that one of the aides had a big brownie, that it was hanging off the side of her tray. and I was like really?!? that's huge! It might be because she's a teacher. About a minute later he told me "I wanna be a teacher here at Happy Valley when I grow up." And I thought to myself wow, this kid really has plans, that's impressive. And then I asked him what makes him want to be a teacher and he said "the brownies." It made me laugh soooo hard (on the inside). But it was so adorable! He wants to be a teacher for brownies...
When I was in first grade I kind of wanted to be a teacher so I could tell people what to do! ooo man... thinking back I can't believe that was my motive. I was really looking forward to being a teacher in 2nd grade when my teacher made me re-write a journal entry. I was so upset! I was going to become a teacher and then teach her kids and make them re-write stuff! (I'm sitting here shaking my head... what a far cry from the real passion a teacher should have... but don't worry, I've reformed my thinking ;) )
Anyone else have any amusing/inspirational I want to be a teacher because.. stories? I think it is so interesting what brings people to want to be teachers, especially elementary. There's such a variety of passion :)

hei (bye in Finnish)
Imani

No comments:

Post a Comment