10.10.10 <-- How exciting is that?!?
So I've been meaning to make eggplant parmesan for a while, and the other day my grandpa found some really good eggplant at the grocery store so he went ahead and bought it. So on Friday, I was completely exhausted and I didn't wanna do anything involving the kitchen, but the eggplants were going to get old, so I buckled down and started making it, knowing the end result would pay off... AND BOY DID IT!! ooo man! It was soo incredibly good! The eggplant was tender and I love mozzarella, so I made sure to put plenty of that, but the fried breading and tomato sauce made an excellent accompaniment for the pasta... needless to say, it was won-der-ful! It was so wonderful that I ate way too much. On top of that, I had one of those ice cream drumsticks! :D I forgot how much I love sugar cones with ice cream... I was supposed to go "training" for my 5k that I was going to do the next day, but that was not going to happen ;) So anyways, I ended up going to bed late Friday and when I woke up at 7am on Saturday I had no wish to go run a 5k. But alas, I had promised my friend we'd go, and it was for Autism Speaks, so I was gonna drag myself out and do it. So me and my friend went and while we were standing around waiting, we saw everyone and they all just looked so athletic! I was like oo man, we're going to be last, we are soo gonna be the last ones to finish. Then as we were "running" (more like jogging, walking for a while, and then jogging again) I was like hey, we're not doing so bad, this might work out ;) It was her first 5k, so she was just kinda going with the flow, but we had fun. Definitely laughed at ourselves a couple of times. Once I bent down to tie my shoe and one of the race people were like are you down? Do I need to call a nurse? It was kind of funny, I bet we looked tired ;) Anyways, I had my best time for a 5k, ~42mins, so before all you expert runners start laughing about how slow that is, I'm proud of myself ;) hahaha! I told someone my time that night, and she was like ohhh, that's pretty good, and then she was like, actually, that's really slow. But anyways, it was fun, and it was for a good cause.
Football :D
:) the Colts wonn... o mannn, that game was such a nail biter! I was like are you kidding me?!?! And I can't believe Dallas lost!! They just played really horribly. Did anyone see the overtime between green bay and washington? That was a pretty strong kick :D I'm not a fan of washington, but ever since the packers let go of Favre, I just don't like them that much. I mean Favre definitely needs to make up his mind, but I like his spunk. Although if he flip flops at the end of this season, it's over. I'll be a huge packers fan.... just kidding. I don't think I could ever be a Packers fan, even if I lived in Green Bay, this is going to sound so odd, but whenever I think of the Packers I think of like an old backpack, which is so weird considering they have a young team, especially at quarterback, but whatever...
Sunday School Lesson
I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. In Sunday school the next chapter I was going to teach was on kindness, and I was like this is such a cut and dry subject. Everyone knows you should be kind to each other, how am I supposed to make this interesting? So I was just hanging out around the house and it hit me all of a sudden! I was so excited, totally stoked about my lesson. I had the kids use chalk out in the parking lot and illustrate what kindness is to them. This one kid drew a picture of him hugging his sister. It was so adorable. I took a picture of each of their drawing and then I had them write about what they drew, after I print out the pics we'll make a poster and put it in the classroom, I'm so excited! :D
O! I love this commercial! (I am in no way associated with Travelers Insurance, I just think this commercial is so fun!) Could you imagine being on a safari and coming across this watering hole? :D
well, I think that's enough for now, I'm still working on my brother's blanket, it's coming along nicely. I realized that football season = crochet fever. Crocheting gives me a good excuse to sit comfortably and watch the game without feeling like I'm wasting time ;)
Till next time!
Imani
No comments:
Post a Comment