Thursday, October 21, 2010

Confesssions of a Shopaholic Moment... about Maps

So I had a Confessions of a Shopaholic moment... no I am not a shopaholic, and no, that wasn't me being in denial :) The story goes like this... Once upon a time (I'm channeling Dr. Gann's class here) I wanted to find a different kind of map, so I typed into Google, Map of the World, but I didn't come up with anything worth noting, so I typed in "Interesting map of the world" :) Channel Confessions of a Shopaholic when she typed in "angle on (some finance topic)" and her boss catches her. haha! (sorry if that story did not make you laugh or smile at all... I'm infamous for my stories... apparently I tell them really badly. It's like crickets chirping at the end... someone once told me to fix my stories I should say "then I found five dollars" because that makes the story instantly more interesting... )
Anyways!! The map that I found that I thought was cool kind of ties in with the internet and how it's at the tip of our fingertips and we use it pretty much allllll the time. http://www.yugatech.com/blog/the-internet/world-internet-map/ This map shows the internet connections around the world, kind of like density of internet. As you can guess, some countries don't even have a dot. I'd be interested to see how many connections constitute one dot.
Another cool map I found also has to do with the internet, but more with social networking sites... http://lh3.ggpht.com/raj.m.rao/R8OELsb1BmI/AAAAAAAACDk/FiDiQkaTBeY/s800/untitled%5B4%5D This map didn't come with a key to tell you how they determined what color each country would be, but I think it's interesting to see the different sites that are dominant in each country... some of them I've never even heard of!

Connect ;) with you later!
Imani

No comments:

Post a Comment