Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Relatively Wonderful

Today was pretty good... and here is where you are going to giggle (or laugh, if you're a boy - another stereotype, I know, but how many boys giggle, or even if they do, they don't say that "I giggled at that story") my measure of how relatively wonderful my day was involves food. I enjoy good food, the better the food, the better I like it ;) and I loove spreading the joy of good food. So on Monday I went to the library and I had the intention of getting something from Einistein Bros. since it's brand new and all. I got there and I saw cinnamon twists, and I was like hmmm.... that looks good... and then! I saw a tag that said something along the lines of Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Coffee Cake. but there was nothing behind it :( I was so determined that that sounded so tasty that among the bustling lunch crowd I asked the lady if they had anymore. She said she'd check in the back, and when she came out... (cue the singing voices) it loooked BEAUTIFUL! 

I mean doesn't that look amazing? And if it doesn't, I promise it looks even better in person. So she was about to put it in a bag and then she looked up at me and asked me if I wanted it warmed? Did I want it warmed?!? YES Ma'am! o. my. goodness. I cannot explain to you how positively wonderful it smelled when she handed it to me. I waited till I got out of the library and sat on one of the stone walls to take it out of the bag. By the size of the thing, it was not something to eat while you walk, and that's no way to enjoy your first Einstein Bros. Chocolate Coffee Cake. So I sat down, took it out, and chocolate was all over my fingers. It was all warm and melty...... and then I bit into it.
oooo man. The inside if that cake is like butter. It is soo smooth and velvety. and I was surprised because it wasn't cinnammon-y and streusel-y, it was just velvety goodness.
So yeah... onto why I was posting this. I happened to spread the food love today during lunch. First Daphanie and I were going to the treehouse to get a chocolate bar or something and I mentioned the coffee cake to Daphanie and she told some of the girls that we were going and Nekesha offered to split it with me. Now I wasn't going to get it at first, I mean I'd had my share for the week, but I mean if someone wants one, you can't tell them no, right? ;) So I gladly obliged.
And then, I came to the room and Rachel saw me eating it :D and she mentioned that it looked really good. I told her, "o. it is!" and I gave her the details about how great it is, and how convenient it is to go get one (they should hire me as a sales rep or something). And like 10 minutes later I see her walking into the classroom with an Einstiein Bros. bag... SUCCESS!! So anyways, that's two new people I've introduced this fabulous new coffee cake too. I'm sure many more will follow suit ;) Have you tried it? Do you like it? Do you plan on trying it now? :D

O! and for those that don't like coffee, it doesn't taste like coffee at all, it's just named that I guess because a lot of people eat those kinds of cakes with their coffee.

Au Revoir!
Imani

2 comments:

  1. I love food too, so I can't wait to try it. Thanks for letting me know. I don't think I will try it Monday with all the good food that is coming in for our lessons and then of course the pizza, so maybe on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.....keep me away from that place!!!! I would sooo love to try one. But, I've been trying really hard to lose weight. Man.....Imani....you make it sound sooo good. Get behind me Satan!!!! I don't know if I'll be able to resist.

    Hey!!!! If I don't eat lunch, I could get away with eating one of those, right? Maybe if I limp across campus and back that would allow me a little lunch??? lol

    Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete