Thursday, September 9, 2010

Deja Vu and Are You Reeaaadyyy?!?

Deja Vu
So today I went to Little Bucs to start my reading assessment for Dr. Gann's class. It just so happens that the room I was in with my "student" was the same room I went to kindergarten in!!! Before it was Little Bucs it used to be called the Child Study Center and there was pre-school along with kindergarten. We were the Orange Roosters, then there was also the Blue Bears, Red Lions... I have so many fond memories of that room. It's (obviously) changed, but I could just picture the red book cases, where I used to take a nap (never really sleeping though, now I wish I could) where we used to have morning meetings, etc. But, on to present day. My kid was so sweet. When I first met her I was going to shake her hand but I don't think she is used to that so she just grabbed my hand and held on to it. When we got into the classroom at first she was really quiet and then she opened up a little; however, by the time we got to reading a book (the rapport part, not the literacy section) she was already attention-spanned out. I was turning the pages, but at one point, she took the end of the book and flipped all the way to the last page! It was so cute. The funny thing was that the book wasn't really a story book, it was just about spring, so it wasn't that entertaining and I kind of wanted to flip to the end too! haha! So we ended right after the logographic literacy test becuase I could tell she just wasn't into it anymore. Hopefully next time can last a little bit longer.

Are You Reeaaadyyy?!?
Are you reaady for some foooootbaaaalll?!?!?! YAYYYYYY!! The official football season is finally upon us!! I'm so excited for tonight's game! As a Colts fan, I am sooo going for the Vikings tonight. And I really hope Favre does really great this season and then that's it. no more wishy washying! This is getting a little bit ridiculous. But I guess it's all in football fun. Who are you all going for tonight? And are there any specific games you're looking forward to this weekend? Leave me a comment and let me know!

օրոր (bye in Armenian)
Imani

1 comment: