Tuesday, November 23, 2010

FQR

I think the various comprehension and study strategies we learned in class are really beneficial. I think as an adult learner some of these seem a little tedious. We automatically make the connections and make responses in our minds, however, I think writing it down on paper, specifically on the paper you're reading makes it a lot more valuable. First, you have to stop and formulate what you're thinking and also, for future reference, you can just look back at the notes and get a quick synopsis of what the piece is about.
For elementary students I think the FQR strategy is a good way to get them to slow down and actually comprehend what they 're reading. Usually they might be in a rush and just try to get to the end, or they're just decoding words and not really following the thought process. This strategy ensures students "get" what they're reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment