Wednesday, November 10, 2010

So... Everest? Anyone?

Once upon a long time ago I went to one of those dome IMAX theaters and watched Everest. It was so neat to see it on a giant dome screen, but because of that I had a little background knowledge of how dangerous, while at the same time exhilarating climbing Mt. Everest can be.
I personally have no wish to climb Mt. Everest, I definitely understand why people would want to, but I think at the very most, I'd have to climb other large icy mountains first to see if Everest is something I want to do, which there is a tiny tiny, slim to none chance of ;) But generally, I think ice climbing is really neat. My brother used to do it a lot, in fact he had the crampons, ice picks, helmet, all kinds of things. It was really neat to see his pictures of how challenging ice climbing can really be. I think one day I'd like to do ice climbing, just to say that I've done it, after that, if I go again depends on how the first attempt went ;)
Lastly, I kind of love storypath! I think it can be so much fun with your classroom! It's a way to actually get in to the learning rather than just reading about it and doing reports. Students actually transport themselves and take on a different viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment