Soooo! Last night I had to go look something up on the world map, and as I was looking at it, I thought of Lilly and how she knew where Turkmenistan was... (I was so impressed!) So I looked it up and tried to find it. It took me a while, but I got it! And then beside Turkmenistan I saw Kyrgyzstan and all these other countries that I never think of, and I was like wow, this is good ammo for the Alphabet game! -When I was younger, and even now sometimes ;) my dad and I played this game on long drives where someone starts with a country or a place and the next person either has to name a place with the letter that the first place ended with or one that starts with the next letter of the alphabet (ex: if the first person says Alabama, depending on the rules, the next person can either say Arizona or Barbados.) So anyways, after playing this game for a while, you start to run out of ideas, especially if you're strictly limited to countries. sooo bringing this back to Lilly ;) I bet when she gets a little older she would be soooo good at this game! haha! She could name every country in the world! I would not want to go up against her! :)
the staring contest
And now, to the funny story of the day. I was at Happy Valley today in my 3rd grade placement, and the students were doing centers and the teacher was putting emphasis on the students staying on task, and being quiet, so one of the students (a girl) came up to me and said they were done with their center and asked what should they do next. So I told her that they should look at each other and do this... and I stared at her. So we got into a staring contest. And can I just say, she was really good!! But I beat her in the end :D .... Now before you guys start thinking I was wasting time and being a bad example, in my defense, the students at my center were playing a game and regulating themselves, and this student was done with her center and honestly, there was nothing else for her to do until the teacher called time and they had to move to the next center :)
Ciao!
Imani
No comments:
Post a Comment